A vehicle tracking system is a software solution for monitoring, managing and optimizing an enterprise's vehicle fleet. This system brings with it many advantages as well as some disadvantages. In this article, the advantages and disadvantages of the vehicle tracking system will be discussed.
- Tracking the locations of the vehicles: Thanks to the vehicle tracking system, the location of the vehicles and how far they have traveled can be monitored continuously. In this way, businesses can more effectively manage the use of tools and serve customers better.
- Reducing fuel consumption: Vehicle tracking system helps drivers reduce fuel consumption by monitoring the fuel consumption of vehicles. This reduces the fuel costs of the enterprises.
- Monitoring the performance of the drivers: The vehicle tracking system helps businesses reduce driver errors by monitoring the performance of drivers. By detecting dangerous driving behaviors such as excessive speed, hard braking and sudden maneuvers, the training needs of the drivers can be determined.
- Maintenance of vehicles: Thanks to the vehicle tracking system, the maintenance times of the vehicles can be followed and periodic maintenances can be reminded automatically. In this way, vehicles are provided to have a longer life and maintenance costs are reduced.
- Security: Vehicle tracking system helps to quickly detect vehicles if they are stolen or damaged. This helps businesses protect vehicles.
- High budget required: Vehicle tracking system installation requires data storage and maintenance costs as well as hardware and software costs. Therefore, installation and operating costs can be high.
- Special training requirement: Using a vehicle tracking system may require special training. The use of system software, the correct interpretation of data, and the acquisition of business meaningful information require specialized training.
- Privacy concerns: Vehicle tracking requires constant monitoring of vehicles' locations. This may cause some drivers to feel that their privacy has been violated. For this reason, drivers should be communicated clearly and informed about privacy policies before installing the vehicle tracking system.
- Data security: Vehicle tracking system data is critical to the safety of businesses and drivers. If adequate measures are not taken regarding data security, data falling into the hands of malicious people can harm businesses and drivers.
- As a result, while the vehicle tracking system brings many advantages, it also has some disadvantages. Businesses should research in detail about the advantages and disadvantages before installing the vehicle tracking system and make the right decision for the system installation.